I am offering the online chapters of the book using "The Honor System." Tip options at the bottom of the page.
Global International Allocation
Chapter 19 Notes - The Footnotes in the Book are sequential and for this chapter start at #388 and end at #399.
These notes are provided for those that have purchased the book and would like to access the notes and links directly.
1. Source: Business Week 9/9/96
2. https://personal.vanguard.com/pdf/icriecr.pdf In Considerations for International Equity
3. Jay Ritter, "Economic Growth and Equity Returns" Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, November 2005 https://site.warrington.ufl.edu/ritter/files/2015/04/Economic-growth-and-equity-returns-2005.pdf
4. Jay Ritter "Is Economic Growth Good for Investors?" Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Summer 2012
5. Jean-François L’Her, Tarek Masmoudi, and Ram Krishnamoorthy, Net Buybacks and the Seven Dwarfs, Financial Analysts Journal, Fourth Quarter 2018 https://doi.org/10.2469/faj.v74.n4.4
6. Elroy Dimson, Paul Marsh, and Mike Staunton, Credit Suisse Global Investement Returns Yearbook 2019, February 2019 https://www.credit-suisse.com/corporate/en/articles/news-and-expertise/global-investment-returns-yearbook-201902.html
10. John Coumarianos, Your Robo Adviser Is More Active Than You Think… September 4, 2017 https://www.wsj.com/articles/your-robo-adviser-is-more-active-than-you-think-1504577100
11. Financial Analysts Journal, January-February 1996
12. Elroy Dimson, Paul Marsh, and Mike Staunton. See http://publications.credit-suisse.com/index.cfm/publikationen-shop/research-institute/credit-suisse-global-investment-returns-yearbook-2018-en/ (2018)
Elroy Dimson, Paul Marsh, Mike Staunton, Long-Term Asset Returns (Corrected June 2017) https://www.cfapubs.org/doi/abs/10.2470/rf.v2016.n3.4 https://www.cfapubs.org/doi/pdf/10.2470/rf.v2016.n3.4
I am offering the online chapters of The Peaceful Investor using "The Honor System." If you don't plan to purchase a version of the book, yet you think it was worth your time and you learned a significant amount, you can tip or compensate me in a number of ways. This will probably not be tax deductible for you, but I will report and pay taxes on any payments.
If you don't think the material was worthwhile, I would appreciate emails letting me know what you read and whether you disagree with anything in particular. I would also appreciate anyone letting me know if they find any typos, mistakes, or suggestions how to improve the material.
- Paypal me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay me by credit card. Email me (proficient at aol.com) with an amount you'd like to donate and I will email you an invoice via Square.com. I will not have access to your information - you would enter it on the secure square website.
- Before you make purchases at Amazon, link through one of my links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Contact me to inquire about a review or second opinion of your finances.